root msgs on ttyv0..

Dick Hoogendijk dick at nagual.st
Thu May 22 03:37:30 PDT 2003

Can someone explain to me how I can get rid of the messages that clutter
my ttyv0, when I log in as root on i,e, ttyv4. It's messing up my work
on the first tty (where I work as a normal user). Reading news w/ slrn
and *bhang* "a message about root activities on another tty.."

Can this be turned off? Or redirected to another tty? Or what?
What's the use of ttyv0 if it's only used for system msgs like this?
Is it fbsd policy *not* to use this tty for user activities?

--
dick -- http://www.nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 4.8 ++ Debian GNU/Linux (Woody)