Printer configuration.

Teilhard Knight teilhk at phreaker.net
Thu May 22 01:24:31 PDT 2003

Can someone help me configure my printer? I never have success following the
handbook literally. I did the simple configuration it describes and when I
test without the name of the printer I get the error message "lp: unknown
printer", and when I try with the name of the printer the system almost
freezes.

The printer is an USB hp Laserjet 845c, and I have successfully checked that
there is communication between it and the machine through the device ulpt0. I
am running 4.8.

By the way, what is a module and how do I install it? I need a damn module to
have an address book in KMail.

As of yesterday I was not receiving the list all right, and I am not sure
today. I would appreciate to those who respond to send a copy to my addy.
Thanks as always. I will respond to all those who took the time to help me
with the cvsup issue testerday, as soon as I have the module installed.

--
Teilhard Knight
The Extraterrestrial

Who ate my sandwich?