shutdown -p now

Jack L. Stone jackstone at sage-one.net
Wed May 21 10:40:35 PDT 2003

At 12:13 PM 5.21.2003 -0500, Scott DF wrote:
>Kjell wrote:
>
>>If you are using r4.8 you should not get this error message,
>>and the above instructions should work.
>>If you are using r5.0 you will get the above error message.
>>Further, "shutdown -p now" does not work yet on r5.0
>>IE: stay with r4.8 if you want shutdown -p now to work.
>>regards
>>Kjell
>
>My experience has been just the reverse.
>
>shutdown -p now
>
>did not work on 4.x
>does work on 5.0
>
>I love 5.0.
>
>Scott

I don't want to start a fuss, but your comment about 4.x not working is
misleading to the list. It's okay to say that it didn't work for you, but
it was not because 4.x doesn't support the shutdown IF properly configured
and IF the computer supports it too.

I know you said "My experience...." but might imply 4.x won't work.

Begging your pardons.....

Best regards,
Jack L. Stone,
Administrator