Simple question

Chris Pressey cpressey at catseye.mb.ca
Wed May 21 00:05:53 PDT 2003

On Wed, 21 May 2003 01:19:56 -0500
Teilhard Knight <teilhk at phreaker.net> wrote:

> Where should I put the supfile for cvsup? I found one in
> /usr/ports/net/cvsup-mirror/files, but when I try to run cvsup, I get
> the error message "no such file supfile". There is no mention in the
> handbook of where to put it.

If you use 'make update', you can specify where you put your supfiles in
/etc/make.conf:

SUPFILE=        /usr/share/examples/cvsup/stable-supfile
PORTSSUPFILE=   /usr/share/examples/cvsup/ports-supfile
DOCSUPFILE=     /usr/share/examples/cvsup/doc-supfile

(OK, so I just modified the example supfiles and used them directly -
not the best practice, I'm sure :) :) :)

Never used cvsup by itself, though, so I dunno about that.  Sorry.

-Chris