mysql-4.1.0?

Philip M. Gollucci philip at p6m7g8.com
Tue May 20 20:35:19 PDT 2003

I just did this yesterday
4.1 gives me my subselects !!!!! whowhoooo!

su
cvsup -g -L2 /usr/share/examples/cvsup/ports-supfile
cd /usr/ports/databases/mysql4.1-server
make install distclean
rehash
mysqld_safe &
mysqladmin -u root password 'this_is_the_password'
mysql -u root --password='this_is_the_password''
mysql>

FYI: mysql 5.0 compiles on FreeBSD aswell depending on your compile options.

--
END
Philip M. Gollucci
E-Mail: philip at p6m7g8.com
URL   : http://p6m7g8.net/Resume/resume.shtml
Phone : 301.474.9598

eJournalPress
DBA / Software Engineer / System Administrator
E-Mail: pgollucci at ejournalpress.com
URL   : http://www.ejournalpress.com
Phone : 301.530.6375

$Id: .signature,v 1.4 2003/05/02 23:46:37 philip Exp $