Recomendation for a lightweigth window manager

Richard Mahoney rbm49 at ext.canterbury.ac.nz
Tue May 20 18:05:42 PDT 2003

On Tue, May 20, 2003 at 06:30:10PM -0400, stan wrote:

> I'm setting up a machine to sue as a dedicated replacement for an alarm
> printer on a control system.
>
> I was not planing to use a window manager at all, and I actually have a
> rather nice looking X session with no borders working. However, now I have
> a request to add a browser to allow looking at some web based stuff.
>
> I want to setup a user interface where the operators can iconify, and
> resize windows, but not close them. The machine in question is only a P at .
>
> So what would you recommend for a very lightweight window manager for this
> application?

Certainly consider PWM :

 http://modeemi.cs.tut.fi/~tuomov/pwm/

For some screen shots see my site :

 http://homepages.comnet.co.nz/~r-mahoney/zs_text/zs_text.html &c.

Best regards,

 Richard Mahoney

Richard Mahoney  |  E-mail: rbm49 at ext.canterbury.ac.nz
78 Jeffreys Rd   |          r.mahoney at comnet.net.nz
CHRISTCHURCH     |  Cellular: 0064-25-829-986
NEW ZEALAND      |  http://homepages.comnet.co.nz/~r-mahoney