Recomendation for a lightweigth window manager

Joshua Oreman oremanj at webserver.get-linux.org
Tue May 20 15:52:45 PDT 2003

On Tue, May 20, 2003 at 06:30:10PM -0400 or thereabouts, stan seemed to write:
> I'm setting up a machine to sue as a dedicated replacement for an alarm
> printer on a control system.
>
> I was not planing to use a window manager at all, and I actually have a
> rather nice looking X session with no borders working. However, now I have
> a request to add a browser to allow looking at some web based stuff.
>
> I want to setup a user interface where the operators can iconify, and
> resize windows, but not close them. The machine in question is only a P at .

twm - it's exactly what you're looking for. Installed with base X distrib -
no additional packages.

But beware: if the user(s) can get some kind of way to run an arbitrary
command, they could run xkill and kill off any window :-)

HTH,
-- Josh