Screensaver when not logged in?

Tim Kellers timothyk at serv1.wallnet.com
Sun May 18 11:04:37 PDT 2003

On Sun, 18 May 2003, Steven Lake wrote:

> 	I know that the automatic screensaver kicks in when I'm logged in
> an inactive for a while, but is there a way to set it so the screensaver
> comes on even if I'm not logged in?
>
> 	Also, where do I change screensavers?  What file?
>
> 	Lastly, how do I set an automatic screensaver in Xwindows that
> automatically locks the machine as soon as the timeout passes?  I'm using
> KDE 3.1 and I want some way to automatically lock out my machine if I
> forget to and walk away.

right click your desktop (in KDE 3.1)
clicl on the Screen Saver Icon (all the way at the bottom of the list on
the left, I think)

Choose the screen saver you want from the list

check off the "Start screen saver automatically"
and the "Require Password" boxes on the right side
Select a time delay for the screen saver

Click "Apply" and "OK"

You can also lock the desktop by right clicking the Desktop and selecting
"lock desktop" (It's the last item on the pop up menu, I think)

Tim Kellers
CPE/NJIT