Major IP storm on fxp

Gabriel Tataranu tgabi at belent.com
Fri May 16 10:57:03 PDT 2003

>Sounds like a hardware conflict to me-- what IRQs are the various system
>devices getting?  Maybe try moving the Adaptec card to another PCI slot.

	First thing I look for in this kind of situations. Adaptec is on IRQ 10 and
fxp is on IRQ 7 (yes, the parallel port is disabled in BIOS).
	I'll try moving the Adaptec on a different PCI slot.
	Right now I'm trying the same trick on 4.6.2 release. So far rsync seems
about 10 times slower than on 4.8 release.

	Regards,

Gabriel