Operating System

Peter Elsner peter at servplex.com
Thu May 15 08:00:06 PDT 2003

uhm... boot managers are for when you have multiple operating systems on a
SINGLE hard drive...

Not for switching physically between 2 hard drives....

Peter

At 08:55 AM 5/15/2003 -0600, you wrote:
>Installed FreeBSD on my computer that has two hard drives. A Windows
>operating system is on the first hard drive and I have installed the
>FreeBSD operating system on the second hard drive. I installed the FreeBSD
>boot manager as required. After installation and reboot there is no boot
>manager to allow me to chose between operating systems.
>

>PS. Could you Please help with this problem!
>

>Thank You!
>

>Trek17
>
>reimer2 at telus.net

Peter Elsner <peter at servplex.com>
Vice President Of Customer Service (And System Administrator)
1835 S. Carrier Parkway
Grand Prairie, Texas 75051
(972) 263-2080 - Voice
(972) 263-2082 - Fax
(972) 489-4838 - Cell Phone
(425) 988-8061 - eFax

I worry about my child and the Internet all the time, even though she's
too young to have logged on yet. Here's what I worry about. I worry
that 10 or 15 years from now, she will come to me and say "Daddy, where
were you when they took freedom of the press away from the Internet?"
-- Mike Godwin

Unix IS user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are.
System Administration - It's a dirty job, but somebody said I had to do it.
If you receive something that says 'Send this to everyone you know,
pretend you don't know me.

Standard $500/message proofreading fee applies for UCE.