Make.conf variables

Matthew Smith matt at forsetti.com
Thu May 15 05:50:43 PDT 2003

    Quick question/observation:  as I peruse /etc/defaults/make.conf for
variables I can include in /etc/make.conf to slim down my system, I
notice that some variables are listed as "NO_*", while others are listed
as "NO*" (no underscore).  For example, NO_SENDMAIL vs  NOPERL.  Is
there a reason for this seeming inconsistency?  Or is it just that no
one has spent the time on it?  Obviously, there are no technical
difficulties with this -- it just is a little harder for me to remember
the name of the variables as I type them into make.conf.

-Matt