Can't modify partitions

James Taylor jimmykt123 at yahoo.com
Tue May 13 19:13:11 PDT 2003

1) Correct
2) The drive *shouldn't* be in use, it's not mounted.
Actually, there are 3 drives causing me the same
trouble.  da0,da1 and da2.  da3 and da4 are the drives
the system is installed on.  The 3 problem drives
aren't mounted, so I'm not sure what they're doing.  I
ran sysctl -b kern.geom.confxml - Not quite sure what
I'm supposed to be looking for or doing here.  All 5
of my drives are listed.  Does that mean anything in
particular?

--- Joshua Oreman <oremanj at webserver.get-linux.org>