FreeBSD 5.0 Installation again

Jez Hancock jez.hancock at munk.nu
Sun May 11 11:42:55 PDT 2003

On Sat, May 10, 2003 at 07:44:14PM -0700, Fawaz Ahmad Talal wrote:
> Sorry, forgot the attachment the first time.
>
> Greetings,
>
> I have downloaded the ISO image files, disc1 & disc2 of FreeBSD 5.0
> from FreeBSD public
> FTP server, and burned the images to 2 CD discs.
Have you checked the MD5 checksum's for the CDs to ensure the integrity
of the downloads?  There's a window's md5 checksum creation tool around
somewhere, if you google for it you should find it relatively easily.

Run the tool on the ISO images you've already dl'd and then compare the results to the
CHECKSUM.MD5 (or similarly named) file in the same location you
downloaded the iso images from.

Regards,
Jez