Gnome start up

P. U. Kruppa 520023893678-0001 at t-online.de
Sat May 10 20:42:54 PDT 2003

On Sat, 10 May 2003, Fabio Miranda Hamburger wrote:

> Hi, after many hours I finally installed X on FreeBSD -stable.
> I did install the gnome2 metaport and When I start up X gnome desktop
> doesnt apper.
>
> What do i have to do do set up gnome2 as my default desktop enviroment?
I assume you can start XFree86's default window manager twm with
	# startx
Search your system for a file called	xinitrc	 by
  	# locate xinitrc
(It might be somewhere in /etc/X11R6/ or in
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xinit/ )
Save the original file by renaming it, p. ex.
	# mv xinitrc xinitrc.old
Then create a new 	xinitrc		file containing the line
	gnome-session
and
	# startx

> Where Can i get information about gnom2 post install on freebsd?
www.freebsd.org/gnome
and
www.gnome.org

Regards,