NWN working on FreeBSD

Dave mudman at metafocus.net
Sat May 10 07:44:55 PDT 2003

I run NWN and the screen goes blank (changes video modes) and I hear a
'ding' and exits with an illegal instruction (it even plays the first
second of the NWN main theme music).  I scoured the internet and found a
few things -- all of which I tried -- to no avail, but most seemed to hint
at some kind of possible trouble with the various libs (esp. the miles
lib)

direct rendering is working, or glxinfo says its a 'yes' (also for the
linux glxinfo).

Has anyone heard about this problem?  Solutions?