older versions

Erik Trulsson ertr1013 at student.uu.se
Sat May 10 06:18:05 PDT 2003

On Sat, May 10, 2003 at 01:48:27PM +0200, luiX_ wrote:
> 	Hi, I'm going to install FreeBSD on a very old system (a 486 33Mhz,
> 	with 127 mgs HD and 4MB of RAM) and as I've seen in the FAQ, I need the
> 2.1.7 version of FreeBSD, I've been looking around in the ftp site but I
> only see new versions, can you tell me where to download the version I need?

A couple of minutes with Google revealed the existence of
http://www.freebsdmirrors.org  where you can find out where various
older releases (including 2.1.7) can be found.

With such a small amout of RAM you might wish to consider running
NetBSD instead.  NetBSD generally puts more emphasis on being able to
run on low-end hardware, and I believe even the latest versions of
NetBSD can be installed with only 4MB RAM.

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson
ertr1013 at student.uu.se