Problem with packet size over a bridge

Chris J. Stearns cstearns at youvegotfiles.com
Fri May 9 16:22:27 PDT 2003

Hello, I very new to FreeBSD, and I've tried and tried to search for the
answer to my problem, but can't seem to find it.

We recently bought FreeBSD 5.0 to setup a computer to do bridging and
dummynet.  I finally got the computer setup with bridging...and used all of
the "standard" setup that Luigi Rizzo have put in his documentation for
dummynet.

The problem I'm having is that I can not ping to computers over the bridge
with packets larger than 256.  Like I said, I've looked pretty hard to try
and find any thing that will adjust the default bridging packet size.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Chris J. Stearns
Niwot Networks, Inc.