Mozilla in the KDE Window manager on FreeBSD 4.8

William Fletcher ultraviolet at epweb.co.za
Fri May 9 03:02:12 PDT 2003

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same problem with mozilla, using windowmaker.
But, with mozilla-1.3_1,2, installs fine... I try start it.

ultraviolet at tulip:~ %> export DISPLAY=:0
ultraviolet at tulip:~ %> mozilla
No running window found.
LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library /usr/local/jdk1.3.1/jre/plugin/i386/ns600/libjavaplugin_oji.so [Cannot open "/usr/local/jdk1.3.1/jre/plugin/i386/ns600/libjavaplugin_oji.so"]

I dug around in the shell scripts that start it.
/usr/X11R6/bin/mozilla leads too /usr/X11R6/lib/mozilla/mozilla
Which then seems to lead to /usr/X11R6/lib/mozilla/run-mozilla.sh

Anyway, I asked around on freenode, and, nobody else is experiencing a problem.
Any suggestions?

Anyway, my X11 is fine, I'm using 'vesa'.
About the only other thing I can think of that would effect it is /etc/make.conf

Anything else or should I migrate to opera, perminantly and curse mozilla for
the rest of my days?

If you try run /usr/X11R6/lib/mozilla/mozilla-bin it should moan
about a library...
Try this.
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/X11R6/lib/mozilla/"
And, try run it again...
It starts up and exits.

Ok, that isn't going to do anything.
ultraviolet at tulip:/usr/X11R6/lib/mozilla %> ./mozilla-bin -remote OpenURL\(mozilla, new-tab\)
No running window found.

ultraviolet at tulip:/usr/X11R6/lib/mozilla %> ./mozilla-bin -splash
actually is about the only thing that *functions*.

I'll recompile it for about the 14th time (literally).

I need to say, I'm rather hacked off.
Is it cause my workstation at work only has 128 megs of ram, I know
mozilla is heavy on resources, but, geesh people!

Regards.