Please, Urgent: Need ideas/help to solve PR bin/51586

Mike Silbersack silby at silby.com
Thu May 8 13:57:18 PDT 2003

On Thu, 8 May 2003, Lars [iso-8859-1] Köller wrote:

> NO,NO! Netstat says nothing about that. Even I tune msl time to go out
> of TIME_WAIT very fast (only intranet connection on same switch!).
>
> The ethereal dump in the PR shown, that an initial communication takes
> place, but the final ACK to establish the connection fails!

Could you get a tcpdump -v of that problem occuring?  I find what your
logs are showing hard to believe, there must be something really strange
occuring.  Can you also show the output of netstat for the ports in
question to show what state the sockets on either end are in during that
time period?

Also, does netstat -s show any counters increasing that talk about listen
queue overflows or any packets being dropped?

Mike "Silby" Silbersack