ntpdate and ntpd questions

How Can ThisBe howcanthisbe300 at hotmail.com
Thu May 8 07:28:39 PDT 2003

ntpdate works perfectly for setting the local clock time using the following
syntax:
ntpdate ntp1.t-online.de

However `man ntpdate' states that ntpdate will be removed 'soon' and that I
should use `ntpd -q' instead. So I read up on ntpd but I can not seem to get
it to
work at all. ntpdate is perfectly simple and I'm guessing ntpd is just as
simple so I
must be missing something, I just have no idea at all what that 'something'
could
be.

I just want to be able to set the time :]