Why is port 22 open by default?

Kirill Pisman anyher at ngs.ru
Thu May 8 01:44:42 PDT 2003

Hello Daniela,

D> I was just wondering:
D> Is SSH really so secure that it can be on by default?

D> I'm really paranoid, and I could sleep better if the answer was yes :-)

if you *REALY* paranoid  you can  juct  switch  your computer  off :)

if you are  fully trust  your local area network there is  no  reaseon to
afraid (but passwords) , othervice there is  some  'pantom menace'
that  ssh could  de cracked by someone  , who will dump all the
connections to your  computer  all the  time

--
Best regards,
 Kirill                            mailto:anyher at ngs.ru