scsi emulation

Robert Storey y2kbug at ms25.hinet.net
Tue May 6 07:09:21 PDT 2003

I installed Xcdroast, which I am familiar with from Linux days.

My CD-ROM and CD-RW are atapi devices, so I need scsi emulation to make it work with Xcdroast.

In Linux, this would be accomplished by passing a parameter to the kernel in the boot loader (GRUB or LILO), like this:

   hdc=ide-scsi hdd=ide-scsi

And it would also require some changes to /etc/fstab, which currently looks like this:

/dev/acd0               /cdrom          cd9660  ro,noauto       0       0
/dev/acd1               /cdrom1         cd9660  ro,noauto       0       0

I'm not sure how one passes parameters to BSD's boot0 boot manager. Both GRUB and LILO have a configuration file that can be edited. I'm not sure if boot0 has a configuration file, though perhaps /boot/device.hints is what I want, but I can't make much sense out of the syntax of what I see in that tile.

I'd be very appreciative if anyone can tell me how to force scsi emulation for these two CD devices.

Thanks in advance,
Robert