what is on disk 2?

Robert Storey y2kbug at ms25.hinet.net
Tue May 6 07:09:11 PDT 2003

Dear All,

I'm new to FreeBSD, though have been using Linux for years.

I recently purchased the two CDs for version 5.0 from a computer bookstore. The installation went fine, and I am so far happy though a bit overwhelmed by all the new stuff I have to learn. But as a dumb newbie forgive me for asking:

  What is on CD number 2?

Both CDs are bootable, but a look at the directories convinces me that the disks are not the same. During the install, I was never prompted to insert disk 2. So I have to ask, what is disk 2 for?

Really, this is not a troll. Just curious.

regards,
Robert