XWindows on the run

Eddy Ramos e.ramos at deepground.com
Tue May 6 06:56:36 PDT 2003

Sorry to say so, I am a bit disappointed with my fresh installation of
FreeBSD Release 4.8 with X-Windows (KDE 3.1), because 'startx' simply
won't work.

Here's what is says during startup:

	Fatal server error:
	xf86EnableIO: Failed to open /dev/io for extended I/O

	X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).
	xauth:  creating a new authority file /root/.Xauthority
	xauth: (argv):1: bad disply name ":0" in "remove" command
	xauth: (argv):1: bad disply name ":0" in "remove" command
	#

Actually, I haven't done anything in particular but running the
installation CD-Rom.
Any suggestions how to get XWindows start?

Eddy.