Broken link on site

Jason Stewart jstewart at rtl.org
Tue May 6 05:05:52 PDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-05-06 at 04:03, Kenneth Sutton wrote:
> Dear Sir/Madam,
>                          I went on a site today which was Powered by you,the site was called Pc Cheats.
>
> It had a broken link when clicking on the Cheats link on the site.

The Operating System on the server was FreeBSD. Think about that for a
minute. How can a software vendor be responsible for the HTML that a
webmaster creates?

I will put it into terms of a home user. Lets say that you have a PC at
home with Microsoft Windows XP loaded on it. You have a Word document
that you find a misspelling in. Do you contact the author of the
document, or do you contact Microsoft for the author's mistake?

Contacting the FreeBSD support channels about broken web documents is
like calling up Microsoft and complaining about misspelled words in Word
documents.

Cheers,
Jason Stewart