X Window problem

CARTER Anthony a.carter at cordis.lu
Tue May 6 03:09:28 PDT 2003

Strange then...Whenever I have booted into single user mode I have been unable
to write to the root partition, even after a mount -a...even with ESC w!q in
vi...Maybe I did something wrong...Would it possibly be likely that mount -a
doesn't report back that / needs fscking first? Everytime I have had to do
this I needed to fsck root first...

Just a thought,
Anthony