How to type special characters?

Rob Wentworth rw at skypoint.com
Mon May 5 16:26:15 PDT 2003

Most laptops have a portion of the keyboard that can be used as a numeric
keypad by pressing the Fn key and/or switching it to keypad mode. This
allows typing special characters.

In Windows I usually cut-and-paste characters from the "character map"
utility so I don't have to remember the codes -- there must be a similar
tool for FreeBSD...