Help With Portupgrade/Ports Mess Please

Kent Stewart kstewart at owt.com
Sat May 3 14:41:48 PDT 2003

On Saturday 03 May 2003 02:20 pm, Drew Tomlinson wrote:
> [...]

When I have done that, what I did was

portupgrade -ufa

I have found that -rR only upgrades what portversion -c thinks should be
upgraded. I personally feel that if an important library has been
updated, then the codes that use it should be too. You never know if a
structure has been changed in a header file. Old builds would have used
the old structures. To build all of the dependancies, I have found that
I have to force (-f) and I have also started using (-u) to save some
file space.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart