make buildworld fails on 4.8-release

Joshua Lokken joshua at joshualokken.com
Fri May 2 17:28:01 PDT 2003

* Steve Bertrand (iaccounts at northnetworks.ca) wrote:
==> > I have been attempting a `make buildworld` on a new 4.8-RELEASE
==> > machine.  I installed the sources from the CD from the sysinstall
==> > user interface.  They haven't been cvsuped, updated, or modified
==> > in any way.
==> >
==> > The machine in question is a Sony Vaio desktop, 1.2GHz Celeron,
==> > 512 MB HDD, 60 GB IDE HDD, IDE DVD-ROM and CD-RW's, and onboard
==> > video (i815), audio (AC'97), and network (RTL8139).
==> >
==> > Output from `uname -a` and relevant portions of the buildworld.out
==> > file appear below.  In case I haven't included enough of the
==> > buildworld.out file to be help, it is available in its complete
==> > form at http://www.gaddis.org/buildworld.out.bz2 (247,618 bytes).
==> >
==> > Any help, information, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
==>
==> First thing I try when buildworld fails is:
==>

Did you do:

# cd /usr/obj
# chflags -R noschg *

==> # rm -rvf /usr/obj
==> # rm -rvf /usr/src/*
==> # cvsup -L 2 -g /path/to/supfile
==>

--
Joshua

"Mmmmmmmm...floor pie."    -- Homer Simpson