partition magic - moving BSD slice?

Steve Tremblett sjt at cisco.com
Fri May 2 07:21:14 PDT 2003

Due to poor planning I've got a hunk of disk space at the end of the
disk that I need to give to a partition coming BEFORE my BSD slice.

| windows | extended windows | bsd | free space |

Is it safe to move my BSD slice toward the end of the disk with
Partition Magic?  The partition IDs won't change, but I have no idea if
there is anything in the filesystem that is sensitive to physical
location.  Will I have to do any preparation or will this just work?

thanks,
Steve Tremblett