ipfw problem with ftp-data

Wayne Swart fixx at fixx.co.za
Fri May 2 03:33:41 PDT 2003

Helo

Can someone please help me with an ipfw problem.

I have to following two rules to allow ftp connections to my box:

ipfw add allow tcp from any to me 20 via dc0 in keep-state
ipfw add allow tcp from any to me 21 via dc0 in keep-state

Now the ftp (21) connections work fine, but as soon as you do a list or
something like that, it refuses the connection, wich tells me that there
is something wrong with the way my box handles ftp-data requests.

If i telnet to my box remotely on 21, and do a
user myusername
pass mypassword

and the list, it gives the following error:

425 Can't build data connection: Connection refused.

I am using ftpd Version 6.00LS

Can someone please help me?

Thanks

Wayne