T30 middle touchpad button (was: IBM T30 & middle button?)

Tobias Roth roth at iam.unibe.ch
Thu May 1 23:56:56 PDT 2003

On Thu, May 01, 2003 at 11:30:27AM -0400, Steve Tremblett wrote:
> I can't figure out how to activate my middle button in X on am IBM
> T30.  moused is "auto" and X is using /dev/sysmouse.  Any suggestions?

I have in rc.conf:
  moused_port="/dev/psm0"

and in XF86Config:
  Option          "Protocol"      "auto"
  Option          "Device"        "/dev/sysmouse"
  Option          "ZAxisMapping"  "4 5"

and the middle mouse button plus scrollwheel works like a charm.
However, some applications, such as netscape or xemacs or acrobat
reader need special treatment to activate the scrollwheel.

I still did not get the middle touch pad button(s) to work. Anyone
had more luck than me?

greets, t.