TouchStream keyboards with FreeBSD?

David Kelly dkelly at hiwaay.net
Mon Mar 31 08:31:28 PST 2003

On Mon, Mar 31, 2003 at 10:03:56AM -0600, Steve Price wrote:
> Does anyone have any experience using the TouchStream keyboards
> from FingerWorks with FreeBSD?  A friend of mine just got one
> for his Mac and thinks it is great.  I'd borrow it and give it
> a whirl here but he lives several hundred miles away.  Here's
> the URL for the one I'm interested in.
>
>         http://www.fingerworks.com/lp_product.html

I don't know why that product would _not_ work with FreeBSD. Says all it
needs is a USB port to plug in and uses no special driver.

The only question is converting to a USB keyboard and mouse on FreeBSD.
Might not be recognized by your BIOS so it won't work until after the
kernel is loaded. If you need to borrow a USB keyboard there should be
one on your wife's iMac, or I have a spare.

David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly at hiwaay.net