sendmail help

Kenzo kenzo_chin at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 31 07:06:56 PST 2003

I did a make world and this is what I get at the next reboot.

Starting standard daemons: inetd cron sshd sendmailsendmail:execing
/usr/local/sbin/sendmail:No such file or directory

this is my  mailer.conf
#
# Execute the Postfix sendmail program, named /usr/local/sbin/sendmail
#
sendmail        /usr/local/sbin/sendmail
send-mail       /usr/local/sbin/sendmail
mailq           /usr/local/sbin/sendmail
newaliases      /usr/local/sbin/sendmail

I originally replaced sendmail with postfix.
and it used to work fine until after the make world.
here is part of my rc.conf.

sendmail_enable="YES"
sendmail_flags="-bd"
sendmail_outbound_enable="NO"
sendmail_submit_enable="NO"
sendmail_msp_queue_enable="NO"
sshd_enable="YES"

If I change the mailer.conf file to
sendmail        /usr/sbin/sendmail
send-mail       /usr/sbin/sendmail
mailq           /usr/sbin/sendmail
newaliases      /usr/sbin/sendmail
and reboot, it hangs when it's trying to load the daemons.

what can I do to fix this?

Thanks.