Interface collisions

Toni Schmidbauer toni at stderror.at
Mon Mar 31 06:55:48 PST 2003

On Mon, Mar 31, 2003 at 08:20:34AM -0600, Jack L. Stone wrote:
> For the first time within the past few days, I've noticed collisions being
> the switch or the NIC is the culprit, so not sure which component may need

you should also check if the nic and switch are both running the
same speed, or if autonegotiation is enabled. in the company i am
working for, we are always having problems if the switch runs
100fdx and the nic auto-neg or vice versa. on cisco switches its
generally recommended to disable auto neg for servers.

toni
Behandle die Menschen, als wären sie, was sie sein | toni at stderror.at
sollten, und du wirst ihnen helfen, zu werden, was | Toni Schmidbauer
sie sein können.  - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe     |