KDE startup slow

Paul Everlund tdv94ped at cs.umu.se
Mon Mar 31 05:33:21 PST 2003

On Mon, 31 Mar 2003, CARTER Anthony wrote:

> How do you start your ppp connection over ADSL? Is your modem
> internal, USB or Ethernet?
>
> Anthony

Thank you for your answer!

The modem is external with an Ethernet connection to the computer. I
use DHCP to configure the network as PPPoE didn't seem to work. After
dhclient is started, and the interface has got an IP, one has to surf
to the internal 10.0.0.0-network address to login.

Best regards,
Paul