Problem with Swedish Keyboard after XFree86 and Gnome upgrade

Magnus J magnus_os at yahoo.se
Sun Mar 30 07:54:37 PST 2003

Hello everyone

I just upgraded my FreeBSD 4.7 box from XFree86 4.2.1, Gnome 1.4
to XFree86 4.3 and Gnome 2.2. After that, my Swedish keyboard no
longer works as it used to do, e.g. the characters "åäö" doesn't
work anymore. When I press those keys nothing happens. Anyone
seen this problem?

This is how my XF86Config looks like.

        Identifier  "Keyboard1"
        Driver      "Keyboard"
        Option      "AutoRepeat" "500 30"# Specify which
keyboard LEDs can be user-controlled (eg, with xset(1))
        Option      "XkbRules" "xfree86"
        Option      "XkbModel" "pc98"
        Option      "XkbLayout" "se"
EndSection

Regards
Magnus
(I am not a subscriber to the mailing list.)