ltconfig? and E17

Remington L. madriax at garlic.com
Sat Mar 29 15:28:41 PST 2003

FreeBSD TheGateWay.com 5.0-RELEASE-p4 FreeBSD 5.0-RELEASE-p4 #0: Thu Mar
20 22:56:30 PST 2003
root at TheGateWay.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/TheGateWay  i386

I'm attempting to install E17 from CVS into my FBSD machine. When i do
./autogen.sh I get a weird error message:

checking for ld used by GCC... /usr/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking for BSD-compatible nm... /usr/bin/nm -B
checking whether ln -s works... yes
ltconfig: you must specify a host type if you use `--no-verify'
Try `ltconfig --help' for more information.
configure: error: libtool configure failed
configure not found or command failed. Aborting!

What the hell ltconfig? And how do i fix this, i've never seen something
like this before