USB Wireless Network Adapter

Zachariah P Garner zach at neurosoft.org
Fri Mar 28 18:10:59 PST 2003

Does anyone know if there are any USB Wireless network adapters that are
supported under FreeBSD? (I'm running 5.0)

I have read the map pages for wi, but they only list PCMCIA cards. I know
that many companies have a PCI version of the pcmcia card.

I have heard that you are likely to get better performance out of a USB
adapter since you can more easily move it to get a better signal.

Are there particular manufacturers that I should purchase from or avoid?

If anyone can offer any advice, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Zach Garner
Academic Computing
University of Alabama at Birmingham