FreeBSD and Oracle

Toomas Aas toomas.aas at raad.tartu.ee
Fri Mar 28 12:07:50 PST 2003

> I know that there is an Oracle 7 client on FreeBSD, but I don't know about 8i.

8i is not in the ports, but FWIW, I did get Oracle8i (for Linux) client working on
FreeBSD last week, for some definition of 'working' - I can't access my Oracle
server from it because the server is inside a firewall and the client is outside
a firewall. But this is not caused by the platform on which I run the client, I had
exactly the same problem with Windows.

Mostly I followed the Oracle chapter of the handbook but I needed to do some
adjustments. I can't remember the details, though. It's been a hectic week.

--
Toomas Aas | toomas.aas at raad.tartu.ee | http://www.raad.tartu.ee/~toomas/
* Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.