ipfw: -1 Refuse ICMP:0.0

Clark C. Evans cce at clarkevans.com
Wed Mar 26 23:58:55 PST 2003

Hello.  I'm getting the following line:

   ipfw: -1 Refuse ICMP:0.0 <router-ip> <my-ip> in via <my-interface>

ten times and then my computer locks at startup.  I was using
fixed IP addresses, I enabled DHCP and I just got the above.

I realize that -1 is a rule that you can't turn off that
rejects invalid packets (due to offset errors?).  Anyway,
my question is... what I can do; I'd like to use DHCP and
ipfw but the result above seems to be reoccurant.  I rebuilt
the kernel once more (only adding options IPFIREWALL,
IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE, and IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE_LIMIT=10).

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Clark