Need help on configuring a static internal IP address.

Edinho edinho64 at netscape.net
Wed Mar 26 22:18:48 PST 2003

Hello, I'm using a belkin wireless router for my home network, and I had
DHCP enabled on the belkin routher, with this all I needed was to put
this line on my /etc/rc.conf file:  ifconfig_fxp0="DHCP" and I was able
to browse the internet without any problems now I decided to disable
DHCP on my belkin router and use static IP addresses for my internal
home network, I substituted ifconfig_fxp0="DHCP" with
ifconfig_fxp0="inet 192.168.2.72" but I'm not able to browse the
internet.  What else do I have to add to rc.conf?
I'm using FBSD4.8 stable, my belkin router uses 192.168.2.1, subnet mask
is 255.255.255.0 and the gateway is also 192.168.2.1.

Here's how my rc.conf looks like now:

hostname="ecerejo.Belkin"
ifconfig_fxp0="inet 192.168.2.72"
kern_securelevel_enable="NO"