usb device driver skeleton?

David Rio drio at big.perpels.com
Wed Mar 26 10:37:35 PST 2003

On Tue, Mar 25, 2003 at 08:48:03PM -0500, taxman wrote:
> On Tuesday 25 March 2003 12:15 pm, David Rio wrote:
> > Hi all:
> >
> > I want to port a linux device driver that I did to *BSD. I would
>
> That would be great.

Yes.. We have to help BSD movement, if not linux will eat us. :)

> > like to know if there is some source of information to develope
> > usb device drivers in freebsd. Handbook talks about usb in general,
> > an about device drivers but not about usb device drivers. My last
> > option is to read some usb DD already coded but before that I would like
> > know if there is some other "beginner" source of information.
>
> Yep, the thing you need is the developers handbook.  You can get to it from
> the "other docs" page.  Here is the USB section:
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/developers-handbook/usb.html

I have looked this page, but there they explain how the usb system works and
there is no USB comment code.

> Beyond that, the source of other drivers will be what you need.  I think
> you'll want to look at the ugen(4) manpage and code too,

That is better. But ugen(4), if I am not wrong, it is a API for create userland
drivers.
I would like to write a real usb char device driver.