tree-based quotas for UFS/UFS2?

Chris Dillon cdillon at wolves.k12.mo.us
Mon Jun 30 10:49:00 PDT 2003

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003, Ryan Dooley wrote:

> Has anybody done work on Tree-based quotas for UFS/UFS2?  As an
> administrator I'm finding more and more reasons that such a thing
> would be a good thing.

By tree-based you mean the ability to define "this directory and
everything under it gets X amount of storage, regardless of owner"?
If so, I also wish this ability existed, and I've talked with several
administrators of ISPs that sorely need that ability as well.  If it
is a monumental undertaking, maybe some hosting providers who use
FreeBSD and would greatly benefit from such a feature would be willing
to fund it.

--
 Chris Dillon - cdillon(at)wolves.k12.mo.us
 FreeBSD: The fastest and most stable server OS on the planet

No trees were harmed in the composition of this message, although some
electrons were mildly inconvenienced.