what actually happens with rejected mail?

Marco Beishuizen marco at beishuizen.info
Mon Jun 30 09:59:40 PDT 2003

Hi,

I'm using sendmail as MTA and fetchmail to fetch my mail from my ISP.
To filter spam I use the /etc/mail/access file and mark domains and
adresses from spammers with an ERROR:550.

Everything is working fine, but now I wonder what happens with the
spammail that is being rejected? Are those spammails being deleted? Or
are they send back to my ISP? My maillogfiles show that spam is
correctly filtered, and a message with the errorcode is send back. But
who else is seeing those errormessages?

Thanks in advance,

Marco

--
While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own
form of misery.