Changing Sendmail prefix

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Mon Jun 30 07:03:44 PDT 2003

Jamie wrote:
>     I am trying to install sendmail-sasl from ports, but it is installing
> the new sendmail in /usr/local. I would like the port install to overwrite
> the existing sendmail. Is there any way to pass an option to my make when
> I build the ports? I don't see any options for that in the makefile, but
> perhaps I am reading it wrong. Thanks,

You might be able to do to a "make PREFIX=/usr" and see whether that gets you
the right path.  You can also tell the system to recompile sendmail against the
SASL library so that a "make buildworld/installworld" won't overwrite this.

Change /etc/make.conf to add something like this:

#SENDMAIL_CFLAGS+=   -I/usr/local/include -DSASL=2
#SENDMAIL_LDFLAGS+=  -L/usr/local/lib
#SENDMAIL_LDADD+=    -lsasl2

--
-Chuck