question regarding quotas

Josh Brooks user at mail.econolodgetulsa.com
Sun Jun 29 22:14:29 PDT 2003

Hi,

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003, Sergey "DoubleF" Zaharchenko wrote:

> Josh Brooks wrote:
> > So my question was, is there a way to control how big a directory can
> > grow, regardless of who is putting what files in that directory.
>
> So you are going to make a directory N Mbytes large...
> Make a file N Mbytes large, vnconfig it, disklabel it, newfs it and
> mount to your directory. You should be solved then.

Yes, I am familiar with this way of solving the problem, its just that I
would like to try to avoid having all those partitions mounted (even if
they are just vn-partitions) because then it is very hard to increase or
decrease those quota sizes - you have to dump, dd a bigger file,
re-vnconfig, then restore ... very time consuming.