A routing/IP/NIC query < Expert required

Keith Spencer bsd2000au at yahoo.com.au
Sat Jun 28 20:00:50 PDT 2003

Hi Michael,
Thanks for the helping hand.
I assume (because I did not do it) the modem is NOT in
bridge mode.
It looks like the last set of instructs you tell me to
do is exactly what I need.
I will alias the nic to all my 30 addresses and use
IPNAT to static NAT map them. I was a bit confused
about what to do even though I knew about NAT. I
hacked around but still couldn't see the servers
behind the firewall.
This would also allow me to setup a DMZ I presume.
So I might put another NIC in the box and allocate
some other private addresses to the facing NICs.
Then prick a few holes in the firewall.
Hmmm How am I doing now?
PS Do I benefit from bridge mode on the modem?

Keith