question regarding quotas

Josh Brooks user at mail.econolodgetulsa.com
Sat Jun 28 18:37:52 PDT 2003

Hello!

I have a group of 5 users that I want to set up quotas for - their home
directories are:

/export/data1/user1
/export/data1/user2
/export/data1/user3
/export/data1/user4
/export/data1/user5

And they will be given free reign to fill up those directories however
they choose.

At the same time, there will be a fair number of automated processes on
the system that place files and directories and logs and other files into
their home directories.  So, as time goes by, not only will the users
themselves fill up their dirs, but other processes on the system will fill
up their dirs.  These files and dirs that are created by these other
processes will be owned by various usernames - bind, www, root - and have
different groups set to them as well.

My question is, will the extra files and dirs that get placed in their
home dir by all these automated processes count towards their quota ?  If
not, is there a way to set up quotas so that _they do_ ?

Basically I just want the quota to calculate how much is in their home dir
and enforce based on that...

comments are be appreciated