A routing/IP/NIC query < Expert required

Han Hwei Woo hhwoo at argosy.ca
Sat Jun 28 15:52:38 PDT 2003

Sorry, some of the things you said were kind of confusing.

1) Do your xxx.xxx.xxx.* IP's = 10.0.0.*? If not, why bother with the
10.0.0.* IP's?
2) I think you are just setting up a typical NAT configuration, but correct
me if I'm wrong.
3) What do you mean by "2 ip live servers inside the firewall" exactly? If
you mean you have, for example, a webserver and an ftp server on
non-routable IP's on your internal network, you can simply setup ipnat rules
to direct them to the right place based on the port. For example:

map fxp0 xxx.xxx.xxx.0/24 -> 0/32
rdr fxp0 yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy/32 port 80 -> xxx.xxx.xxx.www
rdr fxp0 yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy/32 port 21 -> xxx.xxx.xxx.ftp

In any event, additional internal IP aliases on your internal interface will
not help you to uniquely identify incoming connections for more than 1
server.